Please use this application when applying for a Development Permit.
Development Permits play a key role in bringing OCP policies to the ground level when current development proposals are evaluated. Where the OCP policies are strong in direction, strategy and process, development permits are focused on specific concerns and challenges of current development and practical solutions. Under Section 919.1 (1) of the BC Local Government Act, the OCP has established eight development permit areas (DPA) for the following purposes:
- protection of the City’s drinking water sources – aquifers and watersheds (DPA 1);
- protection of development from hazardous hillside conditions and environmentally sensitive areas (DPA 2 and DPA 3);
- protection of the natural environment, especially riparian areas (DPA 3);
- form and character guidelines for downtown development (DPA 4);
- form and character guidelines for hillside residential (DPA 8), multi-family residential, mixed commercial-residential (DPA 5 and DPA 6), and industrial developments (DPA 7).
- Within a designated Development Permit Area (DPA), a Development Permit (DP) is required prior to the subdivision of land; the construction of, addition to, or alteration of a building or structure on the land; or the alteration of land, except where exemption provisions apply. The DP requirement is in addition to the requirements of the Zoning Bylaw, the Subdivision and Development Bylaw and all other applicable regulations in the development process.
- Where a parcel is governed by two or more Development Permit Area designations, respective Development Permits for the subject parcel are required.
- DPA 1 - Municipal Watersheds & Aquifers
- DPA 2 - Hillside & Upland Areas
- DPA 3 - Riparian Area
- DPA 4 - Downtown Form & Character
- DPA 5 - Urban Corridor Form & Character
- DPA 6 - Infill Development Form & Character
- DPA 7 - Industrial Form & Character
- DPA 8 - Hillside Development
- DPA 9 - Farm Home Plate
If you would like more information, please contact the Planning & Strategic Initiatives Department at 604.793.2906 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Development Permit Area 1||2014-08-21||104KB|
|Development Permit Area 2||2014-08-21||141KB|
|Development Permit Area 3||2014-08-25||63KB|
|Development Permit Area 4||2017-09-25||310KB|
|Development Permit Area 5||2017-09-25||310KB|
|Development Permit Area 6||2015-10-15||308KB|
|Development Permit Area 7||2017-09-25||309KB|
|Development Permit Area 8||2014-08-25||97KB|
|Development Permit Area 9||2017-09-25||414KB|
|Development Permit Application Form||2017-09-18||95KB|