Open Air Burning
Outdoor Burning Prohibited
Open Air Burning Bylaw
Effective March 3, 2008 a new outdoor burning bylaw was approved by City Council. Some of the major changes from the previous bylaw are:
- Land clearing burning has been eliminated.
- Open air burning is reduced to 2 separate seasons per year (Apply online for your burning permit)
- March & April
- October & November
- Burning is only permitted when the Environment Canada ventilation index is good or fair. For the current venting index, contact the Bylaw Department at 604-793-2908.
- Burning restrictions do not apply to gas fueled appliances such as BBQ’s or outdoor heaters.
- Burning is only permitted between the hours of 7:00am and 10:00pm.
- An adult must be present at all times during the burn.
- Bylaw violations will result in fines ranging from $250 - $1000 per offence.
Additional information and requirements are available from the City of Chilliwack Bylaw Dept at 604.793.2908 or the Fire Dept at 604.792.8713. You can also review bylaw "Open Air Burning Regulation Bylaw No. 3511" in the bylaw section of the website.
Burning Permits On-Line
Apply for your burning permit online! Through our online system, your address will automatically determine if you are eligible for a permit in your area and only properties zoned for burning will be issued permits.
The spring burning season is March 1 - April 30 and the fall burning season is October 1 - November 30. Please visit www.mychilliwack.com or visit the Bylaw Department at City Hall to obtain your burning permit.
For additional information, please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Bylaw Department at 604.793.2908 or the Fire Department at 604.792.8713.
City of Chilliwack - Open Air Burning
Issued: Saturday Aug 01, 2015
It's not Burning Season!
Open air burning is reduced to 2 separate seasons per year:
|Chilliwack Weather Forecast from Environment Canada|