Green Commuter Challenge
Join The City In Greening Your Commute!
May 29 to June 11, 2017.
The Challenge aims to encourage residents to leave their cars at home for their personal health, the health of our community and the health of the environment. Boost your fitness! Save money! Reduce air pollution!
How Can I Participate?
- Everyone is encouraged to commute to work or school by biking, carpooling, walking or using public transportation.
- Win a new bike by recording your Green Commute on a ballot on-line or at City Hall between May 29 and June 11, 2017 (ballot submission closes at 4:30 pm, June 13). If you are biking on May 31, be sure to join the Bike to Work & School with Mayor and Council event!
- Submit a new ballot for each day you “Green your Commute!”
- City and RCMP employees are not eligible to win prizes.
Looking for more prizes? In addition to Chilliwack’s initiative above, sign up for the provincial events below:
- Bike to Work, BC. From May 29 to June 4, 2017. This is specifically for people who ride their bikes instead of driving (doesn’t include walking, carpooling or transit). It includes the Bike to Work & School with Mayor and Council event on May 31.
- BC Commuter Challenge from June 4 to June 10, 2017. Participants can walk, cycle, take transit, ride-share, or work from home.
- Ride with a friend
- Prepare for changing weather
- Bring a water bottle and bike lock
- Be safe - wear a helmet and bright clothing, and use lights
- Learn about our new Cycle Vision Plan and cycling networks
- Bike safety and equipment: Bike Sense BC
- Public transit routes and schedules: chilliwack.com/transit